View the latest presentation
Orion’s Distinctive Position in the Net Lease Sector
As the only REIT in the net lease sector with a dedicated single-tenant suburban office strategy, Orion is uniquely positioned in today’s market.
Orion is the only REIT in the net lease sector with a dedicated strategy focused on the intersection of suburban office and net lease.
Orion’s expertise, scale and focus have competitively positioned the company to capitalize on the strong growth potential embedded in suburban office markets. This thesis is based on the following beliefs:
- Suburban office markets will outperform traditional urban office markets in the future, given the ongoing migration trends from urban areas to the suburbs that were accelerated due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Corporate office headquarters are necessary incubators of corporate culture, allow for employee development, encourage education, and foster innovation.
- Institutional investors’ reduced focus on the single-tenant suburban office asset class has led to pricing dislocation, presenting a potentially attractive entry point for a consolidator in the sector.
Driving Shareholder Value with a Proven Evaluation Framework
Orion employs a proven, cycle-tested investment evaluation framework which serves as the lens through which capital allocation decisions for both the current portfolio and future acquisitions are made. This framework stipulates that investments are evaluated by the following criteria:
- Strong suburban market locations
- Net lease investments under long-term, inflation-protected leases
- High credit quality tenants
- Solid real estate fundamentals
Orion utilizes this investment evaluation framework to drive external growth through acquisitions, generate internal growth via asset management, and optimize the portfolio through capital recycling.